Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beaker Exposition

I was asked to write some exposition about Friday, you know, to explain the picture.
What you see in the picture is two embryos - two of the five we were successful with "creating." Those two are the two that Dr. Perloe transferred yesterday.

Sheila called us very early in the morning to tell us how many of the 13 came back with a good report. That was the 5. She then told me to come right then to do the transfer because the embryos were ready. So Brett & I showered super quickly & headed to GRS, with me drinking as much Gatorade as I could as quickly as I could. They had us sit around for a little while to fill my bladder & then called us back to get ready. 

When we got into the Transfer Room in the IVF Suite, that picture (the one you see below) was on the monitor. They prepped me, filled the room with people doing different jobs & Dr. Perloe did the transfer. It took all of 10 minutes. Then we sat around to let Beaker 1 & Beaker 2 settle into their new home. All of the sudden, I was told to get dressed & I was done! It was over very quickly. 

How do I feel? I'm not sure. I don't feel different. I'm not trying to "bond" or anything because I'm not sure if this is going to work. I'm trying to be very positive, and sometimes I am, but I'm just not sure. I keep forgetting about it. I keep forgetting that I have to take it easy or that I need to remember such-and-such direction. I was lucky enough to go to Highlands, NC with some friends from OLA last night. They were so good to me - kept me from lifting things, insisted on helping, etc. They were really trying to protect the Beans. 

It just occurred to me that Team Beaker is now a support team & it's just up to my body to accept the Beans. 

What you're looking at in the pictures is the two Beakers. They are many MANY cells & I believe this is a picture of the blastocysts hatching from the shell. Interesting, huh?

Go Team Beaker!

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at those two little souls....I pray they stay around!! Two precious Beakers - they have a large loving support system outside waiting for word - trying not to be too hopeful...but still being hopeful..and inspired by their existence!

    We're here for you!

    ReplyDelete