Friday, May 22, 2009

Big Day!

I have a giant target on my back. It says "Sheila was here." Sheila drew it this morning because Brett has to give me the HCG shot tonight. Know why? Know why? Because the retrieval is on Sunday!! Early, oh so early, in the morning - we have to be at GRS at 7:15 a.m. Woof! 

I had a great visit to the doctor this morning. Dr. Perloe was in an unusually good mood - I think my bright pink socks with purple polka-dots did it. He found 23 follicles, by which we can assume at least 20 eggs! But let's not get ahead of ourselves! 

Here's what will happen:
Sunday I'll have the retrieval and we'll know how many eggs he retrieved.
They'll put those eggs in petri dishes with about 50,000 sperm (give or take).
Monday someone will call and tell us how many eggs were fertilized.
Tuesday Sheila will call to tell me how many made it to (what they call) embryo.
Wednesday a cell from each blastocyst will go to Reprogenetics.
Friday we'll have the info back from Reprogenetics & we'll have the transfer.

I feel good about the decision to go with the three day testing. I talked more with Dr. Perloe about it this morning and got the science behind what he was suggesting. Dr. Perloe said that both are good options & that I should feel good about the PGD tests that we've already opted to do!

It's a big week for the Coburns & Team Beaker.
We really need prayers now! I put it on the altar last night and woke up feeling hopeful & happy. We appreciate all the calls & emails & comments. Thank you for being a part of our team!

Go Team Beaker!

3 comments: