Tuesday, May 5, 2009

After the Storm

You people rock! What an outpouring of love to a Crazed Menopausalish there's been! Thank you! I'm better today after having been in NOLA with my heartthrob. We had a wonderful time rebooting & recharging. Barbarosa was so relaxed & happy this weekend - what a blessing for him to be able to unwind & take a break!

You know, this is a funny part of life. A path down which one never expects to walk. One never expects to be the person someone else knows who's done IVF. But it is our path & down it we do walk. I'm glad that I have this place to expose my feelings. I'm a very open person about this process. I am not ashamed of my emotions as I walk & I'm happy to share my experience with others. I'm feeling so much better today than I did on Thursday. It's remarkable how the swings work. This morning, at the baseline appointment, I cried twice for no good reason. It's obviously because I'm a Hormonal Freakshow, and it's a little bit funny, but I'm a little tired of it. Barbarosa is SO good about it. He takes it in stride, rubs my back, says that it will be alright, and helps me move past it. I get happy again and move on. 

The part that kills me is that in my head, I know I'm alright. In my head, I know that nothing's hurting me or actually bothering me. In my head, I know that I'm tampering with my hormone levels. But when your body is so screwy and you start crying because the nurse hasn't come in yet or because you have to have (yet another) ultrasound, it seems like such a real & present sadness. Then, after I've had a good minute to cry, I start laughing about how stupid I'm being. It's vicious! 

So, that's enough about my feelings. Here's what's next. I'm waiting for Sheila (my heart) to call me back with my blood work report. If it's gone as planned, then we'll start phase three. Phase three entails turning me into Fertile Myrtle (as Petunia puts it). That means it's time to start stimulating the follicles in my ovaries to create multiple eggs. Woohoo! I feel very in the thick of things. Speaking of thick: theoretically, now, my ovaries are going to plump up with the volume of eggs & I'm going to start feeling thick & uncomfortable. Just in time for Swimsuits! YAY! Let's file that under "Whatever" and "It's for a good cause". 

Doing great with the shots. I'm learning how to inject without feeling it too much. B stands there and cheers me on. So grateful for him! We have our injection routine down to a science, though tonight it might change. 

So for now, Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Go Team Beaker!

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to my hormonal wife, and the now DOUBLE menopause-inducing hormones she'll be taking for the rest of the week. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete