Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pain without Destruction is do-able

Today has been pretty good! I only had brief Evil Abdomen and not that bad, comparatively speaking. I appear to have breathed through it and it's not bad now. Momma & I were talking about it and what we've been saying is that hurting without anything actually being broken or (for lack of a better word) hurt is manageable. It's not going to last forever. These shots are temporary & for a very good cause! The hurt from them wasn't awful today - and it certainly isn't permanent. That's great!

Tonight is the season finale of LOST - I've mentioned that - and we have the whole group coming over tonight. We're very excited & it's helpful to me to have something to look forward to. (The grammatically correct version of that sentence doesn't make sense & sounds really snooty.) 

Two more shots & then on Friday I'll go in for my first daily visit. I believe (and I'll confirm this to you, Dearest, on Friday) that at this visit they'll begin the count for the retrieval. We're hoping for a retrieval on the 23rd. Realizing that we can't predict these things, and I'm certainly not going to argue with the retrieval date, we'd be happy with whatever happens, but it'd be nice to be able to continue living like everyone else does. 

Go Team Beaker!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to hear that you only had one short bout of Evil Abdomen today.

    Do I get to give you the shot tonight?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a post here, and then gone....BUT...I wanted to say...I know you could do it!!! You can, and we're here with you!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete