Monday, June 29, 2009

A Totally Different Note

I've already had some morning sickness. I mean, I get ookey feeling when I haven't had anything to eat in a few hours or ... you know... I suppose that's to be expected when you're expecting twins! But last night was something else! I woke up for one of my middle of the night visits to the ... you know... and got myself on back to bed. Well, no sooner did I get in bed and I felt starving. I mean absolutely stomach growling, going to help myself to a little roasted brett's arm without roasting it STARVING. I thought, "I'll fall back asleep in a minute and forget about it until the morning time when I can get up and have some toast." HAH!!! My tum-tum had other plans. It decided that if I wasn't going to feed it, and I mean NOW, it was going to turn on me and I'd be sorry. Well! I got my retainer out faster than you can say "Jack Robinson" when my tummy started turning over. I woke Brett up with "Oh Gosh, Brett, I think I'm going to fluidate all over!" God Bless the man, he woke up! And then he REALLY woke up! We bolted to the special room and my tummy threw a tantrum, "FEED ME! FEED ME! FEED ME!!!" and threatened more bodily damage if I continued to ignore it. So, after the "episode-at-Toilet-Hill," Brett got me some crackers & I drank some Gatorade (thanks Connie for teaching me about the tub o' Gatorade) and we all went back to sleep. Even Lucy, who was walking around acting genuinely concerned for my health and well-being. Even my tum-tum who had forgiven me my indiscretion. Even Brett who was wondering what on earth he's gotten himself into. 

This is crazy. I'm constantly hungry, but I can't ever figure out what they want! For now, toast and mild food. But I've learned my lesson! When tum-tum says jump, I'll remember to ask how high! 

Go Team Beaker! ... straight to the refrigerator and get something to eat!

2 comments:

  1. I had the exact same thing when I was pregnant with Georgia. I would get starving at 2am everynight. I used to keep a little cup of applesauce (the little sealed single serve kind) and a tupperware of graham crackers next to the bed. It was nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! I thought I was going crazy! The applesauce and graham crackers next to the bed is a great idea. I've been munching on Saltines and when you're thirsty, Saltines don't cut it!
    I've been living on jolly ranchers lately! Anything to keep my tummy quiet!!

    ReplyDelete