Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sundays of Grace #6

1. I have been feeling awful! Thank goodness! About 4:00 every afternoon, I hit a proverbial wall. I know that eating something should make me feel better, but sometimes I just can't bring myself to scrounge something up! Thankfully, I remembered (thanks to a friend) the joy of Ramen Noodles. They are yummy and blandish and will fill me up. I'm going through those like they're my new best friend! I haven't yammed in the middle of the night anymore. I do wake up starving through the night. Unfortunately, my retainer makes eating much impossible. One hears that the worse morning sickness is, the more likely the babe is to stick. We're hoping that this amount of morning sickness means that both are sticking! We're grateful for morning sickness!

2. I'm so grateful for Sheila. I've said it a million times before, and I'll say it a million times again. She has been so wonderful! Earlier this week, we had a bit of a fright when I started spotting. Naturally, I see blood and I panic. I called her and left a message and she called me right back. She said that some spotting is alright as long as it isn't bright red or a lot. One of the medicines that I'm on (Endometrin) can cause cervical irritation and that makes blood. That made a lot of sense and made me feel SO much better! I'm so grateful for her! Sadly, after Friday, I'll be released to an OB. That means that my time with Sheila is limited. I'm sure I'll get to go visit her again after the Babes arrive, though! I know she wants to see what we produce! (An aside: since that episode, I've not had any more spotting. Another thing for which to be grateful!)

3. Brett ran the Peachtree Road Race this weekend. He ran it in a little bit more than an hour. I'm so proud of him! I missed being out there running (since I ran it my first time last year) and I'm hoping that I'll be able to train and run next year! I believe I have some grandparents (and a great-grandmother) who are excited to babysit for us while we run! Here are some pictures of our hero running (B is wearing his Team Beaker shirt!) and then after with his new shirt and two of my brothers!

Baby update: we go in on Friday for an ultrasound with Dr. Perloe. Let's keep praying that at least one is in there and happily steeping away! 

Go Team Beaker!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed the Friday goes well. I hope all the morning sickness is the good sign it is supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete