Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grandma's Hands

I've been thinking about posting this for days, maybe even weeks. It has nothing to do with the Beans, but it has everything to do with Love. These Beans will have so many grandmas - Praise God! - so many people that will love them and love them now. I love that this song has been written because even though I don't have St. Grandmuddy anymore, or her hands, I can picture them so clearly. And Cat, who might as well have been another grandmother, I can picture her hands, as Momma & I were talking about this morning, pulling off a piece of her honeybun to share with Andre & me. And I know that the Beans will treasure ALL of their grandmas - blood related or not - and look back & remember the Love that came with their Grandma's Hands.

Click here to hear Bill Withers sing this beautiful song. You'll have to scroll down a bit to find Grandma's Hands (it's track 4), but I assure you it's worth it. I just couldn't figure out how to do it properly!

Go Team Beaker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment