Friday, April 10, 2009

Beginnings.

This process doesn't cease to amaze me.

We are scheduled for the saline sonogram & trial transfer for April 20th. For all of us who are lacking knowledge in this area, here is the description and science behind these procedures:

A saline sonogram is routinely performed to make sure that the endometrial cavity (uterus) appears normal. Benign uterine growths may develop in the cavity and create an environment that is hostile for implantation. Scar tissue may also be identified with the saline infused sonogram. The procedure is simple & usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete.

The trial transfer involves using a soft transfer catheter to map the cervix & uterus to ensure a smooth embryo transfer at the end of the IVF cycle. 

I highly recommend NOT looking these things up on Google because there are so many other blogs out there that will just scare the pants off you. It's not worth getting worked up. I'm the one going through it & I don't need you getting worked up over it!

How are we feeling, you ask? Thank you for asking. We're doing very well! We're so happy to know that there is a way to bring our Little Beaker into the world! We're so grateful for the people who are our Lights in the World. Last night, Brett & I were discussing the Way of the Cross. We are all aware that Christ was forced to carry His Cross. During his walk to Golgatha (Skull Place), He fell three times. After He fell the first time, a stranger, Simon of Cyrene, was pulled from the crowd to help Him. So many of you have been Simon to us. I'm not sure if Simon was actually able to help Christ, or if his presence was of any comfort to Christ, but in my meditations on this particular piece of the Stations, I like to think that perhaps Simon was some comfort to Him. I like to think that perhaps the reason that it's included in the Stations of the Cross is because we are all called to be like Simon - to help others carry their crosses through life. Brett & I talked about this some last night. He, in his thoughtful way, said that not only are we extremely grateful for those in our life who've been Simon to us - countless Simons all bearing us up while we've mourned our losses & tried to find our New Path - but also, we, Brett & I, can be Simon to others. Imagine! We've been given an extraordinary opportunity to help others carry their crosses. If Brett & I had been given the answer we wanted to our prayers - if this Cup had passed us by - we could not be Simons in our world. Brett is a wonderfully thought-filled person & I am so grateful that I get to walk through life with him - my ultimate Simon. That's my Catholic spiel for today, but I think it speaks to all of us. 

So, check back on the 20th at least if you'd like to know more about the SCIENCE of Miracle Making! 
Go Team Beaker!
Love.

1 comment:

  1. This is some exciting stuff, man. As always, Adele's post covers it all, and very, very well. That's my wife!

    GO TEAM BEAKER!!!

    ReplyDelete