Sunday, July 26, 2009

Limes

Here's what happened at the pool yesterday:

L: Adele, how are you feeling?
Me: I feel pregnant! I look like a giant upholstered couch. I've outgrown my regular clothes. It's all very exciting.
L: You don't look pregnant.
Brett (a minute later): You know, L was just being nice. 

So, at eleven weeks, I'm growing limes. I love every minute that I feel pregnant (which is a lot, given that I'm sick so much and Starving the rest of the time). I think it's hilarious that after all we've been through and all the time and energy we've spent in hoping and praying and trying, we're having Two Babies! 

A neighbor down the street has twin girls - they're fraternal, like Thing 1 and Thing 2 - and she came down yesterday to share some wisdom with me. She, like I, grew out of her regular clothes by 9 and a half weeks. She shared a lot of good information with me and helped me remember that all the people out there who say, "Oh, I didn't show until late in my second trimester, so you're not showing either," didn't have twins! I have TWO little lime-sized people in there! It was nice to spend some time with someone who understood, confirmed and nodded when I asked about things that are going on with me. It's nice to have that.

So, the Babes, in case you didn't read the title, are the size of limes. They're in there, I'm assuming, happily steeping away and sweetly just doing their thing! Isn't it exciting? 

GO TEAM BEAKER!

2 comments:

  1. SO excited!!

    We need to get together...I've been gone so much! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete