Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sometimes Scary

IVF has not made all things become wine and roses. I have had two instances in the past two weeks that have reduced me to tears and both of them involved bleeding. I started spotting again last night. Every time I see blood, naturally, I freak out.

I talked to Dr. Joffe - he's my OB - and he'll do an ultrasound tomorrow morning to make sure the Babes are alright. I talked to Sheila and she told me that everything is alright as long as it's not a lot of blood and it's not clumpy. Neither is true in this situation, so that's good. She told me that it's alright to go to school today. 

I'm just trying to take it easy. I'd rather stay in bed all day and let the Babes just grow and do their thing, but that's not possible right now.

Will you please just keep praying for us? 

Go Team Beaker! (please keep going!)

4 comments:

  1. is taking a break from school something to think about, if anything to soothe your mind? Or maybe it is a good distraction?

    Many hugs your way...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, this week is my last for the semester, then i have a month off. It's sorta a good distraction, but it's also very stressful. Part of me just wants to curl up in bed and not get out until I go into labor in February! I hate feeling scared, and I definitely get scared when I see blood! Thanks for being so loving to us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had major bleeding eps with Lovely 6 years ago. Around 8 weeks, 10 weeks, and 15 weeks. It was something to do with progesterone, and just the normal stresses of pregnancy (i.e not explainable) but I did take extra progesterone to help baby out....

    You are very loved...those babies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying that it is nothing. I'm sure you will get reassuring news at the ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete