Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hilarity.

Once upon a time, I ate three balanced meals a day. I would have a morning snack and an afternoon treat (I know, not exactly good for me, but bear with me). I would take a 30 or 45 minute snooze in the afternoons, because I learned from my Daddy that a nap in the afternoons is always a good idea. I would wake up rested and get on with whatever I had to do for the rest of the day. It was a good system and it worked!

Now, though, the Beast has changed! I eat all morning long just trying to find SOMETHING that will make the sickness go away. One morning this week, I ate half (HALF!) a cantaloupe and a bowl of cereal and a little cup of applesauce and three pickle quarters and a thing of crackers and a BLT. Finally, after the BLT, I felt full and not sick. Though I cannot for the life of me figure out why not!

My naps this week have turned into this insane sleeping time in which I wake up expecting to find a beard growing down my face and cars to fly. And I'm never rested when I wake up. In fact, I often feel that if I could go back to sleep, I would be a very happy girl. 

However, I love the fact that these symptoms (particularly morning sickness) are so pronounced. I love that I FEEL pregnant. It's taken such a very long time to feel like this and I'm not going to complain. I think that it would be dishonest of me to say that I feel magnificent because it's simply not true. I feel terrible. But emotionally, I do feel magnificent. I'm loving this! I'm relishing in the need to eat weird stuff constantly. I wallow in the four o'clocks when they get here. I live for my naps and get upset when anything interrupts them. Mostly, I love my Jolly Ranchers that keep my tummy in check! We're so blessed!

We're excited about our ultrasound tomorrow. Hoping that everything is going well and curious as to how many are still in there. Remember, there's a 30% chance that one got absorbed! 

Go Team Beaker!

1 comment:

  1. Revel in these experiences - for they are fleeting and will be memories before you're ready.

    Among the gazillion specks of unsolicited pregnancy advice, I offer you this - relish every second. It's magical. It's ooky. It's the one time in your life you can eat (if you can stomach it) as much ice cream as you want and dare anyone to look crossways at you for scarfing the whole pint of Mr Ben and Mr Jerry!

    And just wait until you feel the tap dancing on your bladder! Hoo boy is that a hoot!

    But above all - enjoy! The lovely with the ooky because it's just SO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete