Friday, July 17, 2009

Just about 10 weeks

I've been mildly busy with school. Just finished my first semester. I have two papers that I need to finish this weekend, but I finally feel like I can breathe and more importantly, write! I've included our two newest pictures of Thing 1 and Thing 2. (An aside: I know there are those of you who don't like me calling them "Thing 1" & "Thing 2." That's an allusion to Dr. Seuss's famous book The Cat in the Hat and I think it's funny.)

 Anyway, we went to Dr. Joffe this week to get his assessment of the spotting I experienced on Monday night. He said it was nothing to worry about and that there are so many things that could have caused spotting. He also told us that he is giving up OB, but not surgery. That means that I am going to go to another OB. The new OB's name is Dr. Smith and he will be in Dr. Joffe's practice. If I have to have a c-section (which is a very real possibility), Dr. Smith will likely call Dr. Joffe to scrub and assist. So, Dr. Joffe would be there in that event. 

Furthermore, most OBs consider multiples to be a high risk pregnancy. Therefore, I will also be seen by a Perinatalogist, Dr. Kerotkin. I will be seen by either Dr. Smith or Dr. Kerotkin every two weeks, which makes me very happy. I want to make sure that these Babes are growing well and staying healthy! 

Here are some of the pictures from our visit with Dr. Joffe on Wednesday. You can see the Babes better in these pictures. you can clearly see a little stubby hand and a leg on Thing 1. It kinda looks like it's lying on its back praying. Thing 2 is a little harder for me to discern. That's partly because it's a bit farther back, so it's harder to get pictures of it. 

It never ceases to amaze me that these two little Things came from the mass of cells that Dr. Perloe transfered back in May. It is nothing short of a Miracle that we're going to be able to be parents! Praise God!

Go Team Beaker!

2 comments:

  1. I love "Thing 1" and "Thing 2", too! I've seen adorable onesies for twins with that on them!!!

    Love seeing the bean photos - keep gestating mamacitia!!!

    ReplyDelete