Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh, There You Are!

My body has been strangely quiet the past two weeks. No threats, idle or otherwise, of morning sickness. No strange smells or cravings. Nothing super out of the ordinary, except back pain. I half wondered if I have dreamed the whole thing & I'm just getting fatter without reason. Thankfully, we had an appointment with Dr. Smith today. Actually, the truth is, I am pregnant! I am growing for a reason! I just happen to be in the second trimester where not much happens. 

There are no pictures today to share. We got to see the Babes because I asked O So Nicely if we could see them. All I care about is seeing heartbeats. God Bless Them, They're still there!! Two little heartbeats. Two sweet angels just hanging out. I just wanted to know that they're still there & they're doing well. They are! 

My weight gain is fine - remembering that I'm having twins. Dr. Smith gave me some ideas for strengthening my back, which would be nice. I'm measuring at 19 weeks (19 cm), which is perfect for twins. Brett & I have to get flu shots (including swine flu shots, which will be available in October), so that should be fun. Woohoo. We have to start looking for pediatricians. Anyone have any advice about that? Particularly you people around here (Becca!!)...

In other news, I start school this afternoon (4:30) and I'll continue in class until mid-November according to Dr. Smith's calculations. 

He said that that date is a rough estimate & it could go earlier or later. He also said that it will be STRICT bed rest. (Crud.) His analogy was an hourglass. If you stand an hourglass up, the sand comes out. If you lay it flat, nothing goes anywhere. I've decided that I'll do whatever it takes to keep these Babes in there, steeping, until they're healthy enough and ready to come out. Brett & I are going to get a cleaning person to come once a week to clean the house & help us because I know that no matter what good intentions everyone has, this house will quickly fall apart if I don't have help. There are too many hairy things living in it for it not to get cleaned often. 

Also in other news, our fabulous contractor (read: Brandt) will start on the small amount of renovations that we're doing in preparation for the Babes next week. We're redoing floors, expanding the Nursery closet, changing doors, moving some vents and doing some basic nesting things that we can't do on our own (read: Brett can't do on his own). 

Also in further other news, we'll be ordering our baby furniture in the next couple of weeks & we're also going to be going to birthing classes pretty soon. Should be a hoot, I guess. We want everything done and prepared for when I go on bed rest (mid-November) so we don't have to think about it too much later on.

I have to go read for school.

Go Team Beaker! 

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't be too much longer before you can feel them kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful!!!!! So EXCITED. And love all the things you are up too!!!

    I'll send you some other messages :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete