Sunday, August 23, 2009

Growing Pains

Anyone out there have any advice as to why my back is hurting so much? I haven't gained a lot of weight - only X pounds in the 15 weeks that I've been pregnant. I've gotten to where I can't sleep at night it's so bad! Aaarrrrrgh!

B & I are going to see Dr. Smith on Tuesday. We'll get to see the babes, but I'm pretty sure there won't be pictures to share with you. I MAY post pictures of my growing belly, but I'm not sure that I don't just look like an overstuffed couch.


3 comments:

  1. You know how I feel about the stunning pregnant body.... :)

    And my back HURT with Valiant. I had spasms. I think it is about the body stretching to accommodate the pregnancy stress of forward carrying.

    I hope you feel better. BATHS help, Epsom salts, etc...take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not even a little weight gain in pregnancy can shift how you carry yourself and your spine so backaches are common.

    Try to sit with your shoulders back - roll them back and put your palms up when you are in a seated position - this will open up your spine. Also, make sure you walk with your toes facing forward - not like a duck. This will also help your spinal alignment.

    Check out this website - http://www.t-tapp.com. It's an exercise program based on spinal alignment. It's safe for pregnant women so check it out. Even the simple back stretching should help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fabulous! Thanks for the advice! I know that a lot of this is caused by my already too big body and carrying two babies isn't doing much good for that. But it's all SO WORTH IT!!! I think B needs to learn how to do pregnancy massage safely! The hot tub (turned down to a respectable temperature) helps also.

    ReplyDelete