Monday, August 17, 2009

Birds, Squirrels & Brett

Here we are at fourteen weeks. 
We have a week off of going to doctors, so the Babes will have to grow on their own for a week. Brett & I have placed the ultrasound picture from last week on the refrigerator and I walk by and stare. I wonder if their noses will ever be less than amazing? Hah! I suppose when they're leaking green stuff I will become less than enthusiastic about them. But still! Even then! We've waited such a long time for those noses! 

Brett, God Bless Him, has already started nesting. It's really cute. He's obsessed with getting the office and nursery done. Not necessarily with the furniture in the nursery, but painting, redoing and preparing. He's in love with Sherwin-Williams right now. He worked tirelessly on what will be our office/guest room all weekend. He took all of the contents out of what was my playroom and put them in the front room on Saturday morning. Yes: bed, desk, two bookshelves, and their contents removed within a matter of three hours. Then Billy & Emmalee came over and while Emmalee & I chatted, Billy & Brett pulled up all the carpet to expose the hardwoods underneath. Then Brett spent the afternoon and evening pulling up carpet nails. He's been so busy! On Sunday, we went to Sherwin-Williams as soon as we could to get paint and caulk and "hamsters" (which may be a real term, or may be something I picked up from the Ramsdens and kept using!) and a wall paper book. He then spent all of Sunday caulking around the room! So I could be of some help (I can't be of much when it's this intensive), I patched holes around the room. Go Team Beaker! But it's something. B wants to start painting tonight! After we go to the gym! After dinner! Which means starting at like 10! The man is a machine! He's a Nesting Machine!! He's putting the birds and squirrels to shame. It's something to behold.

Go Team Beaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment