Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Prawns & Noses

Brett had to go to Jacksonville today so Momma took me to meet Dr. Korotkin this morning. I'm so glad she went because until we were born, she didn't get to see what we looked like. So I was thrilled that she could go and see the Babes today. And what a day to go see them! 

We must have seen 30 minutes or more of ultrasound footage. Thing 2 was very cooperative and let the nice ultrasound lady take lots of pictures, and complete tests that were very important and see the things she needed to see. Thing 1, though, woof! It's a different story! I believe that Thing 1 is the Furin of the bunch: has a mind of its own, was upside down for most of the ultrasounds, and I'm pretty sure has a headlamp in there with it. Crazy Furin! 

We saw little feet and hands, saw and heard the heartbeats and most importantly got to see the NOSES! These sweet babies already have cute little button noses! Oh My Sweet Cow! 
The Babes are 7.2 cm & 6.6 cm respectively, so approximately 3 inches each. Dr. Korotkin settled the "argument" that Petunia & I had been having about sizes. I said they're the size of peaches, she said shrimp. Dr. Korotkin said that they're a bit smaller than peaches, but bigger than shrimp. He says they're the size of Prawns. So that settles that!

From now on out, I'll get seen by someone every two weeks - Dr. Korotkin or Dr. Smith. Dr. Korotkin says that I CAN go to school for the fall semester, if I go with the understanding that eventually I may get yanked out for the end of it. There are so many opinions - it's amazing my head hasn't fallen off! But mostly, they are there to relieve my anxieties, and that's what they're doing!

Here are the pictures from today. Thing 2 is on top and Thing 1 is on the bottom. There are closeups of their faces and the wider shots are of their whole little selves! God Bless Our Babies.


Go Team Beaker!

1 comment:

  1. I can see! I can see pics!!! How GLORIOUS!! These souls are as lovely as their mother....How INCREDIBLE!!!

    You must be over the moon, we're right there with you...and you look radiant!!

    Much, much love!!!

    ReplyDelete