Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Miscellaneous Informational Tidbits.

I know, I know: I haven't been keeping up with this like I should and so some of you think I've dropped off the side of the planet. The good news is that I haven't! So, Yay!

So, let's see... what don't you know? I'm officially 29.5 weeks. Saturday will make 30 weeks. That's a huge milestone - one that fills me with hope for the Bambinos. I know I need to post some pictures. The babes are already starting to drop, so my belly (while still humongous) doesn't look as big as it has. I'll post pictures soon.

Tomorrow we'll go see Dr. Korotkin for our monthly visit with him. Hopefully the ultrasound pictures will be worth posting! They haven't been that good lately. Well, what I mean is that they aren't something we're willing to post. Perhaps you'll get a double dose of pictures this week!

I have been so grateful for all the people who've come to visit me - Momma has been here at least once (sometimes twice!) a week since I got in the bed, Cathy has been a frequent visitor, Mimso has come and sat with me and played cards for hours, Andre took such good care of me when she babysat me while B was out of town... I'm beyond grateful to those who are taking time to come see me and sit with me even for 30 minutes!

I knew, when I was extolling the virtues of bed rest in October, that I would be singing a different tune when December came. What's funny is that I didn't expect my new tune to start on December 1!!! I have hit the point where I'm starting to get a little loopy. I think part of what has killed the allure of bed rest is that for almost 2 weeks I had someone here with me constantly - first Andre and then Barbarosa was home for 5 straight days. Then this week, I've been kinda on my own. Kinda. I've been reading voraciously - like I did as a kid - but that's starting to lose it's glitter and glitz. I'm thrilled that I have Christmas packages to wrap and Christmas crafts to complete. Sounds fun! Anyway, it's not all bad. I had a few papers that were due while I've been on bed rest, so that gave me things to do - though now they're all done. Daddy has promised that he'll come play cribbage with me some and I'm really excited about that! And really and truly, I'm never alone! These babes keep me in stitches while they kick and turn and tickle me from the inside. They're beginning to run out of room!

We're hoping to go at least 6 more weeks before they come. I can do 6 more weeks, right? Right???

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I'm still here, Things 1 & 2 are both still here (Praise God!) and we're all doing well.

Hope you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment