Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Get Your Stories Straight People!!

It was a cold and rainy morning this morning when we bundled up and schlepped off to see Dr. Korotkin. Brett woke me up way earlier than I wanted to be up (but it's not like I don't sleep most of the day anyway) and we headed out the door to see the Good Doctor (who might be my favorite doctor of all time, though my orthodontist is a close second).

Here's the basic scoop (or what we're willing to share):
The Babes are doing BEAUTIFULLY! The time that I have been pregnant is 29.5 weeks. The Babes are both measuring at 29 weeks 2 days. They both weigh about 3 pounds and a few ounces. Obviously, they can't weigh the Babes; that figure is based on the measurements that the ultrasound technician takes of them.

The Boy is hanging out really low, making movement pretty uncomfortable for me. But I'm so happy to get up and do things that I don't really care! They are both very active all the time. It cracks me up when I start looking like aliens have taken over my body and my tummy goes in fourteen different directions! I think they like Christmas music!

Here's the reason for the title of this particular blog: I don't know that these two doctors are communicating! Some things that Dr. Smith is telling me don't jive with what Dr. Korotkin is telling me. It's kinda driving me crazy! But as Dr. Korotkin deals with twins all the time, I'm deferring to his wisdom in a lot of cases. (Also, his advice doesn't make me go crazy within the week.) Dr. Korotkin has said that the extent of my bed rest isn't for me to be tied to the bed. It's really more that I need to be resting and keeping myself pretty quiet. But I don't need to be constantly stuck in bed! Great news! And!! Dr. Korotkin wants Brett & me (yes, that's grammatically correct) to go for a 15 minute walk every night after dinner. That would make me so happy! To get out and go for a walk - Oh Man!!!

Obviously both doctors are really looking after me. I'm now going to start seeing Dr. Korotkin every other week in addition to my weekly visits to Dr. Smith. These babies are SO well protected and watched over! But I really wish they would communicate and get their stories straight to I could have consistent advice! Geez...

Team Beaker really needs a little talk.

In the meantime, I'm resting well. Less grumpy than I had been and really excited for evening walks!

Go Team Beaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment