Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Confirmation!

I always get nervous before going to the doctor. I get nervous when I don't go to the doctor. I'm probably better off just getting these little people here. Then I can have a whole different set of worries!

Having just come back from seeing Dr. Korotkin (who, I'm convinced, is the most patient doctor in the whole entire history of ever), we have new pictures to share! Before we go to the pictures, I'd like you to know that we were watching the ultrasounds and just being obsessed with the Wonder of our Babies and then Baby B opened up her mouth and swallowed! It was the most amazing thing to see! Since I know you're here after the pictures, I'll post them on up here! Explanations will be after each one.

Oh, PS: What confirmation??? We are definitely having a Boy and a Girl! They are just exactly perfect!

Go Team Beaker!!!
This is Baby A's little legs and belly. You can see his little feet at the bottom and his legs are pretty clear. His head is farther back, so you can't see that very well.


This is a really cool picture of Baby A. You can see his head really clearly. You're looking at the top of his head. Then, you can see a little circle under his head: that's his belly. On either side of his head, those are his forearms, elbows and little hands. His hands are in fists up by his face!

Here's a great picture of Baby B. In this one, you can see her nose, a few of her ribs (those are the white things glowing in her belly section), and her umbilical cord attaching her to me. So amazing!

Here's Baby B from the back - It looks like she's looking over her shoulder at you, sorta. The white stripe is her spine (all those beautiful vertebrae!) and then you see her head from the back-ish. From the way that her legs are going in front of her (you can see her thigh to her knee), it looks like she's sitting Criss-Cross Applesauce. It's like she's turned her head a little to the side to listen to a conversation at the table behind her. She's so smart!

We have 12 pictures here at home, I'm not going to post them all. They aren't all as clear as these that I've posted. Brett can really tell what he's looking at, but I'm not always certain! He'll have to explain them to me again and again! It's hard to see them from my vantage point at the doctor.

Everything is looking good with them. Today was the Anatomy Visit in which we checked how many of what and said "Hoorah!" at the wonder of it all. I am growing perfectly, quoth Dr. Korotkin. I'm not growing too fast or too slow, which is great news to me! The babes are growing wonderfully too! They weigh about 7 oz. each, which is amazing! I feel wonderful, though I'm still unclear as to whether or not I actually feel them. He said I'll be totally sure I feel them in a couple of weeks! Craziness, man, craziness!

I do want to be clear about something: Baby A is the one that we can never get pictures of. He wouldn't show us his "goodies" to check his gender. He does handstands. He's got a mind of his own and a headlamp. He's obviously going to be a Furin. Now, he's also the BOY. I am pretty sure that I didn't sign up for a BOY FURIN. I never did anything to deserve that! I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life worrying that he's going to fall off a roof, fall in a river, fall in a cave, fall down a mountain, run too fast, play too hard and learn how to do all kinds of things that I KNOW my brothers know how to do and will teach a new little Furin. I'm such a sweet person - never gave Momma any grief - what did I do to earn a Boy Furin???
... I love him already! I can't wait to meet the little Golden Boy!

Today's been a good day. I really like today! I hope you do, too.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What lovely blessings!!! So thrilled!! :) Now we can shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty exciting stuff, y'all! I guess I better get to crafting for these little ones (it's how I show love :-D).

    ReplyDelete