Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Magic, Music and Miracles

We went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner on Friday. Nothing too exciting, right? WRONG! Kellie & David plied us with MAGIC. Every Friday night at the Mellow Mushroom, there's a fellow who goes from table to table performing magic tricks. When we got there, we thought that surely there wouldn't be any way that he'd be able to spend time with us - the place was packed. But sure enough, we were able to get him to come over and amaze us. Which he did! He stayed right by us for ages doing card tricks, tricks with string, tricks with balls and tricks with his shoes. It was so cool! Having watched Andre learn how to do magic at Eddy's Trick Shop when we were kids, and watching her performances in the evenings, I believe that I have some working knowledge of "tricks" and how they work. But do you know what? That fellow was amazing! He wasn't doing magic with smoke & mirrors & magnets like David Copperfield and David Blayne. He was doing up close blow-your-mind tricks that amazed and astounded. One where he placed a torn up card in my hand (and I'd been the one who tore it up) and when I opened my hand, it was WHOLE! Whole I tell you! Sheesh! Another trick in which he placed 3 balls in Brett's hand and when Brett opened it up, all these balls spilled out! MAGIC!

We totally enjoyed our last trip as a family of two. David & Kellie were so much fun - open to whatever and eager to have whatever amount of activity I felt up to! We watched the 1931 Bela Lagossi Dracula for a little Halloween fun one night. We went to an awesome Meat & Three Barbeque Establishment one day. During the days, Kellie & I picked out fabrics for the nursery (swatches to come later) and bought flowers for their porch and generally enjoyed having time together. David & B - well, let's just say that they enjoyed our second M with great joy and to great extent!

The biggest part of the weekend, though, occurred on Saturday morning. I've been feeling the babies for a few weeks. They kick and turn over and punch and jump on my bladder. They think it's funny, I've decided, to send me running for the bathroom. But Saturday morning we had a small miracle that wasn't repeated until Monday night. On Saturday morning, I was resting my hand on my tum tum and someone kicked the tar out of me and I felt it THROUGH my skin and in my hand! A first and a Miracle! For the rest of the weekend, B kept trying to feel it and they just weren't interested in performing for him. But then, last night, while in bed, he rested his hand on my tummy, and we talked about the fun we'd had with David & Kellie. B was about to give up and go to sleep - he'd even rolled over to turn out the lights - and I felt it again! "You're driving me crazy, babies!" said B. But he put his hand back to wait patiently. And you know what?? That little Furin Boy gave his daddy a high five! I think the lack of ferociousness in his punch was a bit anticlimactic to B, but it was still pretty exciting to him nonetheless.

We had a wonderful weekend full of Magic, Music and Miracles!


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy those kicks, high fives and dances on your bladder - you will miss that! Granted you'll be holding the real deals, but there's something magical about those in utereo movements - even when they are at the expense of your bladder! LOL

    Let me know when you need the movie stash and bedside company!

    ReplyDelete