Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm Layin' Low

I hear banging in the other room. A hammer smacking into metal. What's he building in there? We have a right to know! On the other hand, I hear curses low under his breath. I hear things fall. I hear "Dangit!" every few minutes. The fan won't hang right in the Nursery. B has moved on to the Nursery today and the fan is being less than cooperative. In his excitement to get something done in there to prepare for Babes, he's trying to install the new ceiling fan before the sun goes down and all by himself. Ordinarily, B can install a fan in a few minutes - he's had a very big lot of practice. I left for the 20 minutes that I thought it'd take him to do the fan. That was a couple of hours ago. I decided that I'd better work on this instead of trying to be helpful. I'm laying low. I'm steering clear. I'd like to hope I've learned that much from living with boys most of my life.

I had to lay low this morning, too. We took the canopy to my mom's childhood bed over to their house this morning (much to their chagrin) and Momma & I shut our mouths and went into the other room while Brett & my dad lifted the canopy over the back of the house and into the attic. Then we laid low and went downstairs while they shoved gently moved things out of the way so they could put the canopy in an out of the way space in the attic. Somehow, I don't think Daddy & Brett think that Momma & me being helpful is helpful.

I didn't have to lay low when we went to the Baby's Room to pick up our glider! Wahoo!! We have our glider! Our first official piece of baby furniture in the house! I love it! It's so pretty and looks so nice in our room. We've decided to put it in our room until we want it in the nursery for story times at night. That way we can rock one while the other sleeps, if we need to.

We also finally picked out a dresser for the Nursery. That was bothering me. It will come in with the cribs at the end of the month or the beginning of next month. It's awfully exciting to have this furniture beginning to come in. It won't be long before we have a house that's baby ready and functioning!

So, I'm in here, laying low. But B has started whistling and that's always a good sign. Even when it only lasts a few bars. I'll continue to lay low, but I feel a little better about working on other things knowing that he's feeling a bit better too. He's going to be an amazing Papa. He just wants it all to be Just Exactly Perfect. And it will be.

1 comment:

  1. Much love to you all! I've been here lurking and reading, and so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete